Monday 31 December 2018

Adieu 2018









As I get ready to step into 2019 from 2018, I look back upon 2018 as a year which was bittersweet.


Bitter, because it threw up fresh challenges which I was unprepared for and which tested my financial strength and mental power. There were health concerns of my fast ageing parents which threw everything off gear for 2 months; there were personal problems of getting used to lack of energy on my part and of course, the pressure to get used to surviving in a tough job environment.


Sweet, as I could garner enough financial and mental strength to tide over these road-bumps and still be there to look back on these as a survivor. I daresay, I can look back on these moments and say that I managed with pride. Also, I do look forward to the next year as my intuition keeps on hinting that there would be a positive twist in the year.


Also, every year my daughter grows, not only in age, but as a person and her personality development till date has left me pleasantly surprised. She continues to be a major source of sustenance for me.


Adieu 2018, as a battle hardened, balding, greyed and grizzly me gets ready to take on 2019.

No comments: