Tuesday 13 November 2007

My Shame- My Sorrow


I love my birth place. I love my birth state. I am proud to be a Bengali. I love poetry, films, fine arts, cricket, Sourav Ganguly, Satyajit Ray, Amartya Sen, Anjan Chatterjee, Buddhadeb Bhattacharya------------- I feel proud that I belong to a community which places culture and courtesy above all else. I feel proud that in these days of market capitalization, a shopping mall shares a pride of place with a theatre hall. I feel pride that we have time for each other. I feel proud that we have a Chief Minister who is equally adept in the cultural forum as he is in wooing corporate investors. I feel pride that he can quote poetry as fast as he can work out profitability. SORRY!

I do not feel all that any more! The Chief Minister's name no longer features in the list above. I lament and I feel let down.

2 comments:

Oreen said...

hey bubunda, just read your entire blog now. short, nice pieces and almost like poems in their depth . . .

am so happy you have come back to writing . . .

i share your angst . . . but what is happening today is more a religious riot, so that should ideally be curbed by the army.

Unknown said...

Darun lekha. Bhishon bhalo laglo pore. English e ekta PHD peye jabi, i really mean that.